We Are Looking for a Few Amazing SQL Professionals
Are you interested in contributing to SQL Cruise in 2013 as one of our Technical Leads?
Do you have the drive to contribute to strengthening the technical and emotional skill-set of this generation’s SQL Server Professionals and the next?
Are you looking for a setting to stretch yourself beyond the ordinary training scenario?
If so, we are inviting you to make a bid at joining us on SQL Cruise in 2013. Please complete the form below in order to submit your technical session abstract for review.
Abstract Selection Calendar of Events
Call for Abstracts: June 21, 2012 – June 30, 2012
Selected Technical Leads will be notified by July 3, 2012
Public Announcement of Selections and Technical Sessions: July 10, 2012
Prospective Technical Leads must meet the following requirements:
- Be a proven technical trainer with at least 5 years of SQL Server experience and 3 years experience in developing and presenting technical content.
- Be able to attend all SQL Cruise events, sessions, and meetings that occur from 1 day before embarkation to the time of disembarkation for the SQL Cruise which they’ve been selected.
- While on board this may include, but not be limited to:
- Technical sessions led by any of the selected Technical Leads.
- Sponsor contests and networking events.
- Group dinners and mixers.
- Office Hours – Informal technical discussions of cruiser concerns, questions, and pain-points.
- Focus Group Panels (such as Women in Technology, Healthcare IT, or Professional Development)
- Additional post-technical session Q&A
- SQL Cruise Bon-Voyage Event (typically held the night before embarkation.)
- Attendance at events before 8:00 am or after 10:00 pm is at your discretion.
- Be willing to be recorded for benefit of marketing future SQL Cruises. Full session recordings from 2013 SQL Cruises will not be sold, re-purposed, or released for general availability.
- Be willing to have their likeness displayed on the SQL Cruise website, attendee photo sites, and other social media outlets at the discretion of the attendees and/or SQL Cruise.
- Selected individuals must be willing to assume all risks associated with business travel including, but not limited to financial, health, and safety risks. B-Side Consulting, LLC is not to be held responsible for any financial, medical, or safety issues beyond what is explicitly stated under the Benefits section below.
- Be willing to book their travel arrangements within 5 business days of being confirmed as a Technical Presenter. SQL Cruise staff will assist with walking them through this process if they so desire. Cruise travel arrangements must be handled via our dedicated Cruise Consultant at Norwegian Cruise Lines.
- Be willing to sign a waiver/agreement binding them to the arrangements presented on this site before being confirmed as a selected Technical Lead.
- Cancellations: As a selected Technical Lead you’re committing to being a strong contributor to the experience and high-level of professionalism and success our Cruisers have come to expect from a SQL Cruise. While we understand life occurs while you’re busy making plans we will address these situations on a case-by-case basis.
- Session content level must be at a level of Intermediate or higher.
- Session slots are 120 minutes long and must allow for 15 minutes of questions & answers.
- We will have access to traditional tools for technical presentations (Powerpoint, projectors, large-screen monitors, etc.). Sessions should make use of these tools but not be limited by them.
- Demos and Hands-On content will be preferred over other content.
Benefits for Participating
- Selected Technical Leads will be reimbursed for travel expenses as follows:
- Miami Cruise – the standard Studio Stateroom accommodation on of 6/21/2012 ($879.00 USD + up to $125.00 USD of on-board expenses incurred.)
- Alaska Cruise – the standard Inside Stateroom accommodation on of 6/21/2012 – based upon double occupancy ($759.00 USD + up to $250.00 USD of on-board expenses incurred.)
- Reimbursement checks will be issued the evening before disembarkation.
- Government fees/taxes, gratuities, travel insurance, airfare, hotel, and on-board expenses are the responsibility of the Technical Lead.
- All SQL Cruise promotional items (aka swag) offered to Cruisers will be provided to Technical Leads.
- Technical Lead Appreciation Gift unique to the specific SQL Cruise.
- Meals and drinks at SQL Cruise Bon Voyage party for all SQL Cruises in 2013 and into the future.
- Priority registration at all future SQL Cruise events.
- 75% discount off full price registration for future SQL Cruise events for which they’re not contracted to be a Technical Lead.
- Membership in the private SQL Cruise email forum.
I don’t know about you, but we here at SQL Cruise hate all this legal mumbo-jumbo. We are so glad that is out of the way!
We want to hear from you.
If you’re still with us please complete the form below and we’ll review your submission! Bring your A-game! We can’t wait to see what you want to share with SQL Cruise!